Since, last two days I was searching and thinking to learn and then post about the method of construction of the Chandra Kundli (Moon Chart) and its importance. After searching for a numbers of articles online, I think I have learned enough to share it with you.
Let's first talk about the -
- Importance of Moon Chart.
Ascendant changes its place(zodiac) in about 2 hours and 15 minutes, so Ascendant is the fastest moving entity(imaginary though). Moon travels through a zodiac in about 2 full days and one quarter day.
This way Moon is the second fastest moving entity in your birth-chart. As we know that Ascendant represents our personality/first impression, our physique and forms the basis for the map of your whole life. This makes it the most important chart in the Vedic Astrology. Moon being the Karka(significant) of mind, makes it the next important chart in the Vedic Astrology.
If there are Raj Yogas formations in your Lagna chart, they are checked in the Moon charts too, if present in both, this confirms the Yoga. Moon Chart is also used to judge the psyche of the person. Dasha calculations are based on the position of the Moon at the time of your birth. Mind is the most important human organ, so it is evident that Moon Chart has to be given very much importance.
I have read it at a number of places that Shani's(Saturs's) Sadhe Sati( seven and half years) Dasha is judged from the Moon Chart.
- Construction of the Moon Chart:
When I looked for the various birth charts given in the various online articles and one provided by a famous Astrology website named as Astrobix in their paid services, they were constructing it differently, I got confused.
Earlier I bought a detailed Kundli for myself from this website but the way they presented the Moon Chart seems in-appropriate. Let me tell you, I have consulted a number of good articles and what I have concluded now is that Moon Chart is constructed as follows:
- Look at your lagna chart and see the position of the Moon in it.
- The whole chart along with the planets is rotated in such a way that Moon and its ruling zodiac comes in the place of Ascendant.
- Automatically whole the planets will get shifted from their respective places. For example: A virgo Ascendant has his Moon placed in the 10th house of Gemini. This means that person belongs to Gemini Rashi (moon). In order to prepare you Moon Chart, bring the Gemini along with moon into the house number one.
- Ascendant will get moved from its first house to a house located at same number of house distance with which the Moon was placed behind the Ascendant.
|Chart.1 Lagna Kundli|
|Chart.2 Wrong Moon Chart|
|Chart.3 Right Moon chart|